New Guidance for Swimming November 2020
We are pleased to announce that swimming will re-start from Monday 2nd November, but to ensure we operate safely we will be doing this in a phased-in way. We aim to increase availability and slots over the coming weeks and months.
There are a number of changes we have made to protect our staff and customers and to do our best to prevent further spread of the virus. We realise that some of the following won’t be to everyone’s liking and we hope that we’ll slowly be able to return back to how we used to operate, but for now we ask that you carefully read the following points so that we can dedicate our time to making sure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience in the pool.
Please remember that you must wear a face covering when entering the Zest Centre, this must remain in place until you are ready to enter the swimming pool. Your face covering must be replaced before you leave the swimming pool area after your swim.
General payment and booking information
- If you have a direct debit membership, this has been frozen since we closed in March and will be re-started on 2nd
- If you have paid for an annual subscription, this was frozen and we will re-start it with effect from 2nd November 2020.
- If you had paid for a monthly pay as you go membership which was part way through when we closed, please speak to our reception staff who will be able to re-activate that for you with effect from 2nd
- Slots for swimming will be for 45 minutes each at set times, initially mornings only.
- All slots will be for general swimming with no specific sessions at this time.
- Slots can be pre-booked from Saturday 31st October by ringing 0114 2702040 Or by using our online booking app. Details to follow in due course
- A detailed timetable showing the slots available will be available on our website in due course.
- Anyone booking slots then repeatedly not utilising them my have the pre-booking option removed. If this persists we may take the decision to revoke their membership – this is to ensure everyone is able to access swimming sessions as numbers are very limited at this time.
Arrival, changing and departure
- If you or anyone in your household displays any symptoms of Covid-19, or has been told by test trace to self-isolate, they must not attend the Zest Centre.
- All adults must wear a face covering when inside the Zest Centre.
- A one-way system is in place in the centre, please follow the arrows.
- Sessions are pre-bookable up to 2 weeks in advance, we recommend pre-booking your session to avoid disappointment although walk-ups will be permitted if there is space when you arrive.
- All sessions are 45 minutes duration.
- Arrive on time for the session, early arrivals may be asked to wait outside, late arrivals will not be permitted access to the session.
- Strictly no additional persons should be in the changing area.
- No spectators are permitted on poolside.
- Changing cubicles cannot be accessed on arrival.
- Swimmers must arrive with their swim wear underneath their clothes, outdoor clothing must be removed on poolside and placed in your own bag. Bags must be placed on a hook on the side of the pool, away from the bags of other swimmers who are not part of your support or family bubble.
- Lockers may not be used at this time.
- The pool has been divided into 2 lanes with a maximum of 7 swimmers in each lane. Entry times are staggered for each lane, you must remain in the lane you have booked for and may NOT swap lanes during your slot.
- Lane 1 will be the lane furthest from the main entrance door (at the bottom of the ramp) and Lane 2 will be the lane with the disability hoist (nearest to the main entrance to the pool)
- Swimming must be in the direction indicated – this is to avoid contact with other swimmers and to ensure that at no point are swimmers in opposite lanes swimming towards each other.
- The lanes are for swimmers only, no non-swimmers are permitted at this time.
- No stopping in the lanes, if you tire whilst swimming you must leave the pool to rest and stand away from both staff and customers whilst you do so. When re-entering the water, you must ensure that you maintain the 2m gap between you and other swimmers in your lane.
- At the end of the session please collect your bag and go into one of the open changing cubicles – do NOT remove tape and open one of the locked cubicles – these have been closed off to assist with social distancing.
- Showers may NOT be used at this time.
- We ask that you vacate the changing cubicles as quickly as possible to allow maximum time for our staff to sanitise the changing area in preparation for the next session.
- We ask that all swimmers leave using the fire exit in the pool lobby area. If you need to return to reception you must exit using the pool lobby fire exit and re-enter via the main front door.
We understand that it will be strange at first but hope that we’ll all soon feel a little more relaxed after the first session is under our belts, but if there are any aspects of our plans that are causing you any concern please let us know and we’ll do our best to help sort it out.
If you have any additional questions please don’t hesitate to drop us an email to email@example.com and we’ll do our best to get back to you as quickly as we can.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Zest staff and management.