Getting Started – Social Prescribing Service
If you are registered with any of the practices below you can arrange a 30-50 min appointment (via your GP) with one of our Health Link Workers (Otherwise known as Social Prescribers) who will ask you ‘What Matters to You’ and discuss the types of support that could be of benefit.
Within City and SHU Primary Care Network:
- Devonshire Green and Hanover Medical Centres
- Harold Street Medical Centre
- Porter Brook Medical Centre and SHU
- Upperthorpe Medical Centre and Ecclesall
Within University of Sheffield Primary Care Network:
- University Health Service – Gell Street
With your consent they will make suggestions and/or refer you to other services that may benefit your health and well-being and lifestyle. The service can help you with:
- Healthy Lifestyles: Smoking, Alcohol, Healthy Diet etc.
- Physical Activity: Increasing Levels of Physical Activity/ Exercise
- Social Connection: Befriending, Community groups & activities etc.
- Benefits and Welfare: Housing, debt, Finance, Carers etc.
- Employment: Job searching, Confidence building, Volunteering, Courses
Registered with a GP elsewhere?
Links to further Social Prescribing services across the city can be found here, listed by Practice.
If you need help to get healthier and be more active or if you have a health condition, you may be eligible for our exercise on prescription service…
Exercise Referral – Reduced Cost
“I think this is a very good service and it has helped me so much and I would definitely recommend this service to people”