Post Title Programme Coordinator (Live Lighter Enhanced Offer)
Location Zest Centre
Salary £28,000- £30,000 depending on experience
Term of Contract to June 2022
Hours 37 hours a week
Holidays 25 days + 8 statutory days pa
Responsible to Manager
Purpose of Job
The post-holder will coordinate the Sheffield Live Lighter Enhanced service which offers support and a range of interventions to adults in the management of obesity. The postholder will be responsible for all aspects of day to day delivery of the service, including the management of staff and resources, programme monitoring, the coordination of subcontracting arrangements and the development and support of delivery partners.
- To work flexibly as a member of the Zest Live Lighter Enhanced Service team.
- To be responsible for the effective coordination and development of the Live Lighter Enhanced service staff team and to develop and establish effective work programmes.
- To lead on the development of the service.
- To co-ordinate and supervise staff and their day-to-day work programme, ensuring the service is delivered in accordance with the all contractual requirements.
- To ensure that there is an excellent quality of service provision.
- To be responsible for the effective data collection and monitoring of the service and to provide reports, both written and verbal, to senior management, Sheffield City Council and others as appropriate.
- To establish good communications and working relationships with the partner organisations, the community and other agencies.
- To be responsible for promotional & marketing activities to encourage the take up of services.
- To oversee the sub-contracting arrangements with local providers and partner organisations. Including the design and delivery of training and support for delivery partners.
- To lead in ensuring that service users have opportunities to evaluate the services and can contribute to its ongoing development.
- To be responsible for budget management and financial performance of the service.
- To ensure that the service works towards best practice in equality of opportunity.
- To undertake any other duties as agreed with the Line Manager.
- To undertake training and other development activity in line with organisational and personal development needs.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities as described in line with ZEST policies and procedures, with particular attention to those relating to Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and safeguarding. This will include DBS checks are carried out where necessary.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a similar role, preferably in a health or community setting.
- An AfN approved degree or postgraduate qualification in nutrition or public health nutrition or similar field
- Experience of working in the field of obesity
- Good experience of managing and motivating staff
- Strong organisational skills
- Good IT skills
- An understanding of the national and local obesity policy framework
- Self motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines and tight targets
- Good team working skills
- Experience/understanding of managing performance against contracts
- Experience of managing budgets, including budget setting and analysis against performance
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including an ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures.
- Experience of developing and maintaining partnership working including subcontracting services
Circumstances and Commitment
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as appropriate
- Support for the aims of Zest
- Commitment to equality of opportunity
- Positive attitude to individuals who are overweight or obese
- Ability to travel around the city
- Other relevant qualifications eg PTTLS/Award in Education
All applications must be on a Zest application form – we will not accept CVs. Completed application forms must be returned to HR@zestcommunity.co.uk or posted to – Zest, 18 Upperthorpe, Sheffield S6 3NA. Any informal enquiries regarding this post should be directed to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 25th June 2021 at 17:00
Interviews will take place via Zoom on Wednesday 7th July 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ZEST is working towards best-practice in equality of opportunity.