Post Title Peer Support Facilitator
Rate of Pay £25000-27000 (pro-rata) dependent on experience
Hours 30 hours per week
Holidays 25 days per annum (pro rata)
Term 1 year in the first instance
Responsible to Parenting Volunteer Manager
Are you a Dad and a great listener and communicator who wants to support other new Dads/Co-parents? Do you want to make a difference to families across the city? Be part of a caring, fun and passionate team who strive to help our families and communities.
Purpose of Job
To provide a range of activities for new or expectant Dads/Co-parents which provide peer support and guidance through mild mental health journeys
- To create open, inclusive, non-judgmental sessions which encourage Dads and Co-parents to talk freely about their mental health.
- To organise a series of workshops, helpful to perinatal Dads/Co-Parents
- To monitor, support, motivate and accredit volunteers and their work.
- To organise events to celebrate volunteer achievements.
- To coordinate resources, including the reimbursement of expenses.
- To ensure precise records are retained detailing all work carried out by volunteers.
- To support volunteering to a high standard within the organisation and in line with the Sheffield Volunteering Standard.
- To participate in steering group meetings with other perinatal mental health services in Sheffield
- To promote services and opportunities, including updating the website and social media
- To keep up to date with legislation and policy relating to volunteering and to make any necessary modifications to working methods to accommodate changes.
- To complete reports and monitoring.
- To maintain databases and undertake any necessary administrative duties.
- To undertake any other duties as agreed with the Manager.
- To ensure the service works towards best practice in equality of opportunity.
- To undertake training and other development activity in line with organisational and personal development needs.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities as described in line with ZEST policies and procedures, with particular attention to those relating to Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Data Protection.
Peer Support Facilitator
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- You must be male and a parent to fulfil this role
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with parents, families or children
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting children and families including parenting, health and child development.
- Knowledge of using activity to help mental health
- Experience of organising events, sessions or workshops
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Great interpersonal skills and approachability
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Good IT skills including Word, Outlook and databases.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Full driving licence and own transport
- An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post.
- Experience of working or volunteering in a community environment.
- Experience in a similar role
To apply for the role, please complete application_for_employment-2023 submit form to HR@zestcommunity.co.uk by 9am Tuesday 2nd January
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 9th January
For more information about the role please contact Lynn.email@example.com