||Mentoring Service Project Lead
||25 hours or as agreed
||Up to 30 days + statutory days (pro-rata) per annum
Do you want to make a difference to young people’s lives?
This project offers much needed support to children and young people who are disengaged with their lives, for example being involved in anti-social behaviour, criminal activity and becoming disengaged from the education system. We recruit, train and support volunteer mentors to build positive relationships with young people. Alongside supporting 1-2-1 mentoring activities, we also run a weekly term time youth club and a variety of very exciting holiday activities!
This role is a wonderful blend of project management and frontline work with young people. You’ll deftly move from monitoring and line management to going to the seaside , planting trees or walking in the Peak District with the young people
The current team love their jobs because they get time to work with young people and see the difference they are making to young people’s lives
Your job will be to effectively manage the project and the team, ensure consistent relationships with individual children and their families and to coordinate the recruitment, training and support of volunteer mentors
- To lead the Mentoring team to deliver a quality mentoring service within the specification and targets of the contract
- Provide line management supervision to the Mentoring service staff.
- Evaluate and develop the programmes and group activities to ensure they meet the needs of young people
- Maintain data collection systems and complete project monitoring and reporting
- Manage referrals into the service
- Promote the Project to external organisations and manage the transition of individuals into the project
- Attend external meetings and chair team meetings
- Develop, promote and evaluate the mentoring service
- Manage staff to flag up any issues which may need action, for example if child protection concerns arise and/or any forward referrals to other agencies
- Provide staffing for youth activities including the youth clubs.
- Facilitate good working relationships between volunteers, staff, families and partners
- Manage staff to involve children and young people in the evaluation and development of the service.
- Support the team to train, induct and develop a core bank of mentors Volunteer
- Manage a case load of mentors/mentees
- To establish good working relationships with partner organisations, the community and other agencies.
- Ensure the website and social media pages for the service are kept up to date.
- To ensure that services works towards best practice in equality of opportunity.
- To undertake any other duties as agreed with the Service Manager.
- To undertake training and other development activity in line with organisational and personal development needs.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities as described in line with ZEST policies and procedures, with particular attention to those relating to Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Data Protection.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of staff line management
- Experience of recruiting and supervising volunteers
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting young people’s lives
- Strong knowledge and understanding of safeguarding.
- Experience working with disengaged children and young people
- Experience of working across multiple teams.
- Ability to communicate in person and by telephone with people from a range of backgrounds.
- Ability to monitor the project and report effectively
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Good IT skills including Word, Outlook and databases.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post.
- Commitment to equality of opportunity
- To maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Full driving license and own transport
Closing date: Friday 20th May 2022 @ 5pm
Applications to HR@zestcommunity.co.uk on a Zest application form found here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held on Monday 30th May 2022