Post Title Health and Wellbeing Practitioner
Term of Contract To March 2023
Hours 37 hours
Holidays 25 days (rising to 30) + 8 statutory days pa
Responsible to Line Manager
Purpose of Job
The postholder will provide support and advice to adults, children, young people and their families who are referred to the Live Lighter service. The postholder will also be responsible for carrying out one to one assessments for clients who ae interested in bariatric surgery.
- To work flexibly as a member of the Live Lighter team, liaising with colleagues as appropriate.
- To be responsible for a caseload of adults, children and adolescents living with overweight and obesity, who are seen on a regular basis, usually weekly.
- To deliver group-based sessions in the community which:
- offer support to adults/children/adolescents and their families about overweight and obesity and the challenges the families may face.
- provide dietary and exercise advice, setting targets and monitoring the individuals to ensure they are working towards agreed targets.
- To deliver one to one assessments to clients interested in weight loss surgery.
- To provide the client with a tailored wellbeing plan, including SMART goals, referral to other services as appropriate
- To assess suitability for surgery.
- To carry out accurate measurements of weight, height, waist circumference and calculate BMI.
- To accurately measure progress through administration of qualitative and quantitative questionnaires.
- To keep accurate records.
- To contribute to the ongoing development of the service.
- To assist with updating materials used in the service.
- To carry out any associated administrative duties as required.
- To maintain good working relationships with other agencies.
- To report to the Programme Coordinator the progress of the case load on a regular basis and discuss any arising issues.
- To contribute to the physical activity programme as appropriate.
- To ensure the service works towards best practice in equality of opportunity.
- To undertake any other duties as agreed with the Manager.
- To undertake training and other development activity in line with organisational and personal development needs.
To carry out all duties and responsibilities as described in line with ZEST policies and procedures, with particular attention to those relating to Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and regarding safeguarding.
Skills Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of supporting individuals (including children and young people) in a community setting
- Good inter-personal skills and an ability to establish rapport with a wide range of people from diverse communities
- Strong organisational skills
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience of delivering group-based sessions
- Experience of supporting individuals in a one to one setting to improve their wellbeing
- Understanding of motivators for weight loss
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience of administration and record keeping
Circumstances and Commitment
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends (service hours will be flexible in response to user need but will generally be out of school hours i.e. later afternoon/early evenings and some weekend working)
- To support the aims of Zest
- Commitment to equality of opportunity
- Positive attitude to individuals who are overweight or obese
- Ability to travel around the city
- Knowledge and understanding of bariatric surgery
- Experience of working in the field of obesity
- Registered/associate Nutritionist
- Knowledge of Patient Activation Measures
All applications must be on a Zest Application Form – we will not accept CVs. Completed application forms must be returned to email@example.com or posted to – Zest, 18 Upperthorpe, Sheffield S6 3NA. Any informal enquiries regarding this post should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 25th March at 17:00
Interviews will take place on Thursday 31st March 2022.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.