Location: Zest Centre
Salary: £22,500 – £25,000 (based on qualifications and experience)
Hours: Up to 37 hours per week
Holidays: Up to 30 days + statutory days (pro-rata) per annum
Responsible to: Line Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our Leisure Team. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Duty Manager with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the leisure industry.
The successful candidate will be an effective leader capable of meeting this varied and challenging role. They will have a proven track record of producing a cohesive and productive team of staff to enable the smooth running of a leisure centre with a focus on inclusion and high-quality customer service.
This is a perfect opportunity for the right candidate to build on previous experience and really make their mark in the leisure industry.
We offer 25 days holiday rising to 30, plus statutory days, a pension scheme, Westfield health scheme and other benefits, including gym & pool membership.
Working as part of a Leisure Services Management team to ensure the healthy, safe and
secure operation of the day to day running of the Zest Centre.
1. To operate in accordance with agreed Normal Operating Procedures (NOPs), the Emergency Action
Plan (EAP) and associated risk assessments.
2. To take day to day responsibility for ensuring the healthy, safe and secure operation of the centre
and all services provided within.
3. To take responsibility for ensuring the required level of staffing is in place at all times to support all
programmes and services.
4. To supervise and support leisure team staff to perform their role effectively in all wet and dry physical
activities and reception areas,
5. To ensure that all staff have access to a training programme to keep their qualifications up to date
in line with current requirements;
6. To take day to day responsibility for ensuring that plant room equipment is functioning within
7. To contribute to the planning, development and co-ordination of services provided at the centre
including periodic review of operating procedures.
8. To assist in ensuring that all facility services and recreational equipment are available and in a
suitable condition for use
9. To deal positively with customer enquiries, concerns and complaints.
10. To support effective internal and external marketing & communications
11. To undertake training and other development activity in line with organisational and personal
12. Any other duties as agreed with your line manager.
13. To carry out all duties and responsibilities as described in line with policies and procedures, with
particular attention to those relating to equal opportunities and health and safety.
Duty Manager Lead for the following areas
1. To ensure effective procedures and practice in place to ensure a high-quality customer journey
from first contact.
2. To lead the supervision and support for the Zest Centre Customer Service team
3. To support effective customer communications using Zest website and social media channels
4. To manage room booking systems.
5. To act as a point of contact and build relations with Zest Centre tenants.
6. To plan and schedule regular staff training in relation to customer facing systems and services.
Duty Manager Person specification
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of staff supervision
- Knowledge and experience of health and safety requirements for the leisure industry.
- Knowledge of pool plant operation or willingness to learn.
- Knowledge and experience of premises management.
- Knowledge and experience of planning, developing and coordinating activities in a leisure facility.
- Experience of working in a customer-facing environment, resolving conflict and handling customer
- Knowledge and experience of using leisure administration systems, including cash handling.
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- NPLQ (or willingness to engage in immediate training)
- Excellent communications skills – both written, verbal and face to face.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Flexible approach
- Comfortable and experienced in using Microsoft 365 applications
- First Aid at Work
- National Pool Plant Operators certificate
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor Qualification (NVQ or similar)
- Swimming Teaching qualification
- Other relevant leisure qualifications.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to HR@zestcommunity.co.uk
For an informal chat about the role please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call back.
Closing date: Friday 19th August 2022 at 12pm
Interviews to be held w/c 22nd August 2022, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Zest is working towards best-practice in equality of opportunity.