Post Title Community Development Worker
Rate of Pay £23,030 (pro-rata)
Hours 0.8 FTE (based on 37 hour working week)
Holidays 25 days per annum (pro rata and according to length of service)
Term 18 months
Responsible to Communities Manager
Purpose of Job
To engage with local communities, organisations and individuals, working together to facilitate opportunities for empowerment. Working closely with the Local Area Committee and SCC Link workers to support the development of communities towards sustainable resilience. Building connections within and across communities, enabling them to support each other through the cost of living challenges.
This post will support local groups and organisations to initiate and develop services that enable the community to build their own capacity.
Working with individuals, families, community groups and organisations to empower them to;
- Identify assets, needs, opportunities, and gaps in service provision
- Alongside partners and residents, plan what needs to be achieved and support appropriate action.
- With partners and residents, develop activities and services
- Contribute to the development of a recognised and valued voice for communities
- To work with SCC Link workers, LAC development workers and other VCFS development workers to facilitate community engagement with Welcome Places network and other local support services
- To work with Zest services and local partners such as the Zest Health team, GP surgeries, tenants’ associations, community support workers and others to identify, engage and signpost vulnerable and isolated people.
- To establish a record of assets and services across the LAC area
- To carry out local co-design and co-production activities with volunteers and residents ensuring that their voice shapes the design and delivery within their community
- To work within Zest’s systems, procedures and resources regarding the recruitment, training and support of volunteers
- To record and provide monitoring data and information.
- To assist with promotional & marketing activities
- To ensure that services work towards best practice in equality of opportunity
- To participate in appropriate training courses
- To work as part of the wider Zest team
- To carry out other duties as agreed with line manager
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities as described in line with Company policies and procedures, particularly those relating to Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety.
Community Development Worker
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- At least 1 years’ experience of working in a community setting
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting people living in deprived communities with particular emphases on children and families
- Experience of co-producing, developing and organising events and sessions
- Experience of recruiting and supervising staff or volunteers.
- Experience of working across multiple teams.
- IT literate and confident using Microsoft Office Suite and Video calling Software
- Knowledge of GDPR compliance in relation to data collection and sharing
- Knowledge of work with children, young people and families in a community setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written, verbal and face to face
- Ability to contact, engage and inspire a range of people and groups
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexible approach
- Willingness to work flexible hours including school holidays, evenings and weekends
- An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post.
- Experience of working in disadvantaged communities
- Experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding
- Full driving licence and own transport
To apply for the role, please submit your application form to HR@zestcommunity.co.uk by 9am Tuesday 5th December