Post Title Administration Assistant (Live Lighter Enhanced Offer)
Location Zest Centre
Term of Contract Until June 2022
Holidays 25 days (rising to 30) + 8 statutory days pa pro rata
Responsible to Triage and Referrals Co-Ordinator
Purpose of Job
The post-holder will support with the single point of access for clients referred to the Live Lighter service and enhanced offer. They will assess client’s needs and eligibility for services and support them to access the appropriate services element. The post-holder will work with partners to promote the Live Lighter offer in the local community.
- To work flexibly as a member of the Zest Health team, liaising with colleagues as appropriate.
- To support with all referrals to the Live Lighter service. You will:
- Support with the single point of contact for referrals, including staffing the single point of access phoneline and responding to online referrals received through the single point website.
- You will ensure referral forms are available online and at a range of health and community service locations.
- Support with assessing all Live Lighter referrals and carry out triage screening to identify the right support for each client.
- Provide accurate information in line with government guidelines about weight loss and weight management.
- Support individuals, through motivation, behaviour change methods and empowerment, to help make healthy lifestyle changes and sustain lasting health improvement.
- Support clients to understand how their behaviour/s might affect their health and wellbeing and understand the barriers they may have in relation to changing this.
- Signpost clients to access other agencies and services for information, support and resources.
- Signpost clients to other partners as part of the Live Lighter enhanced offer.
- Respond in a timely manner to client referrals, in line with the contract.
- Keep accurate records and enter client data onto the bespoke monitoring database.
- Publicise the Live Lighter service and the enhanced programme across the city.
- Report to the Referrals Triage and Assessment Officer, the progress of the referral case load on a regular basis and discuss any arising issues.
- Support the promotion of health and health improvement within the local community as appropriate, signposting where appropriate and maintaining good relationships with local agencies.
- Take an active part in developing own knowledge and skills.
- To ensure the service works towards best practice in equality of opportunity.
- To undertake training and other development activity in line with organisational and personal development needs.
- To undertake any other duties as agreed with the Manager.
To carry out all duties and responsibilities as described in line with ZEST policies and procedures, with particular attention to those relating to Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and regarding volunteers who will work with children and vulnerable adults.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Good standard of spoken and written English.
- Ability to use a database system and carry out data monitoring
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Understanding of health inequalities and their effect on health and wellbeing
- Experience of working in a community setting
- Awareness of relevant government public health policy and guidelines (e.g. obesity/nutrition/physical activity/smoking/alcohol)
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to motivate others to make behavioural changes.
- Experience of working in partnership with other agencies
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work in a team
- Good IT Skills
Circumstances and Commitment
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required
- To support the aims of Zest
- Commitment to equality of opportunity
- Experience in a similar role
- Relevant qualifications or training undertaken
- Ability to speak more than one language
All applications must be on a Zest application form – we will not accept CVs. Completed application forms must be returned to HR@zestcommunity.co.uk or posted to – Zest, 18 Upperthorpe, Sheffield S6 3NA. Any informal enquiries regarding this post should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 11th July at 17:00
Interviews will take place via Zoom on Thursday 22nd July 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ZEST is working towards best-practice in equality of opportunity.