Post Title Admin and Communications Assistant
Rate of Pay pro rata £19,500
Hours 14.8 hours per week
Holidays 25 days per annum (pro rata and according to length of service)
Term 1 year in the first instance
Responsible to Community Project (TCC) Lead
Purpose of Job
To assist in the administration and data recording and input for the This Community Can (TCC) project to ensure all volunteers are fully documented, Friends of Zest and sessions recorded and data is input onto our new module on Lamplight database.
To assist in communicating information about the This Community Can project across local communities and citywide to promote attendance, connect with partners and inform funders.
To create marketing material and distribute it both digitally and physically across multiple platforms.
- To assist with general admin and data collection, recording and input for activities, TCC Volunteers and Friends of Zest
- To liaise with volunteers to ensure their paperwork is completed: e.g. DBS, volunteer agreement, expense claims.
- To input data onto Lamplight database as above.
- To liaise with TCC Teammates to create on-brand marketing materials appropriate for culturally diverse audiences, and people with disabilities and/or impairments
- Regularly update Zest website for TCC team
- Manage social media posts for TCC team
- Liaise with other Zest Comms and Marketing staff to coordinate/schedule Zest marketing
- Create marketing including social media posts, posters, leaflets
- To distribute flyers locally including on community noticeboards
- To participate in TCC team meetings
- Provide occasional extra logistical support for sessions and events
- To participate in appropriate training courses
- To work as part of the wider Zest team
- To carry out other duties as agreed with line manager
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities as described in line with Company policies and procedures, particularly those relating to Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety.
TCC Communications and admin assistant
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Good experience of communications and marketing methods
- Familiarity with various social media platforms
- Experience creating hardcopy marketing materials
- Understanding of different barriers to access advertising
- Experience using graphic design software particularly Canva
- Strong data input experience
- Competence with Excel spreadsheets
- IT literacy and confidence using Microsoft Office Suite and Teams / Zoom
- Knowledge of GDPR compliance in relation to data collection and sharing
- Knowledge of work with children, young people and families in a community setting
- Excellent organisational skills including attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate a marketing schedule
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written, verbal and face to face
- Ability to contact, engage and inspire a range of people and groups
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexible approach
- Willingness to work flexible hours including school holidays, evenings and weekends
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience of working in disadvantaged communities
- Experience with managing WordPress websites
Please note, while annual leave can be used during school holiday times, there will be events over the school holidays and at weekends which the team need to share cover for.
To apply please download an application_for_employment-2023, complete and email to HR@zestcommunity.co.uk or post to Zest, 18 Upperthorpe, Sheffield S6 3NA by 5pm on Monday 4th December 2023
Any informal enquiries regarding this post should be directed to Susannah.email@example.com
Interviews will take place on Monday 11th December 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ZEST is working towards best-practice in equality of opportunity.