Post Title Weight Management Practitioner (x 2 posts available)
Location Zest Centre (and city wide)
Term of Contract end of June 2022
Hours 37 hours
Holidays 25 days (rising to 30) + 8 statutory days pa
Responsible to Line Manager
Purpose of Job
The post holder will provide nutrition support and advice to adults, children, young people and their families who are referred to the Live Lighter 12-week service. The post holder will also deliver group based physical activity sessions to children and their families as part of the Live Lighter families programme.
- To work flexibly as a member of the Live Lighter team, liaising with colleagues as appropriate.
- To be responsible for a caseload of overweight and obese adults, children and adolescents who are seen on a regular basis, usually weekly.
- To deliver group-based sessions in the community which:
- offer support to adults/children/adolescents and their families about obesity and the challenges the families may face.
- provide dietary and exercise advice, setting targets and monitoring the individuals to ensure they are working towards agreed targets.
- To deliver physical activity sessions for children and their families.
- To carry out accurate measurements of weight, height, waist circumference and calculate BMI.
- To accurately measure progress through administration of qualitative and quantitative questionnaires.
- To keep accurate records.
- To contribute to the ongoing development of the service.
- To assist with updating materials used in the service.
- To carry out any associated administrative duties as required.
- To maintain good working relationships with other agencies.
- To report to the Programme Coordinator the progress of the case load on a regular basis and discuss any arising issues.
- To contribute to the physical activity programme as appropriate.
- To ensure the service works towards best practice in equality of opportunity.
- To undertake any other duties as agreed with the Manager.
- To undertake training and other development activity in line with organisational and personal development needs.
To carry out all duties and responsibilities as described in line with ZEST policies and procedures, with particular attention to those relating to Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and regarding safeguarding.
Skills, knowledge and Experience
- Experience of supporting individuals (including children and young people) in a community setting
- Good inter-personal skills and an ability to establish rapport with a wide range of people from diverse communities
- Strong organisational skills
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience of delivering group-based sessions
- Experience of delivering physical activity sessions to children and young people
- Understanding of motivators for weight loss
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience of administration and record keeping
Circumstances and Commitment
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends (service hours will be flexible in response to user need but will generally be out of school hours i.e. later afternoon/early evenings and some weekend working)
- To support the aims of Zest
- Commitment to equality of opportunity
- Positive attitude to individuals who are overweight or obese
- Ability to travel around the city
- Experience of working in the field of obesity
- Evidence of relevant training re healthy eating/healthy lifestyle/physical activity
All applications must be on a Zest application form – we will not accept CVs.
Completed application forms must be returned to HR@zestcommunity.co.uk or posted to:
Zest, 18 Upperthorpe, Sheffield S6 3NA.
Any informal enquiries regarding this post should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 3rd October at 17:00
Interviews will take place via Zoom w/c 11th October, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ZEST is working towards best-practice in equality of opportunity.