Before your swim
- Please shower before entering the pool
- Use the steps or ramp to enter the pool
- Swimming Admission Policy must be adhered to – see below
- Children under 16 must be supervised by an adult whilst in the building. ???
- Children under 8 must be accompanied by a paying adult in the pool.
- Do not leave bags on the poolside, lockers are provided, please bring a padlock. Zest are not responsible for personal belongings.
During your Swim
- Stay within arms reach of young children who can not swim without aids
- Actively supervise your children
- Non Swimmers must wear aids to float and remain in the shallow end. Do not pass the “No non swimmers pass this point” sign
- No large inflatables in pool. Including lilos, large hoops, Large shapes
- No diving masks, snorkels, flippers or hand paddles
- No diving, bombing, twisting, jumping in backwards or pushing
- No running
- No spitting
- No fighting or rough play
- No hanging onto the lane ropes unless in emergency
- No shouting
- No dunking
- No gymnastics or acrobatics
- No underwater swimming or hyperventilation
- Listen to and respect the lifeguards
- Wear appropriate swimwear – see below
- No Photography and Video Recording is allowed in pool and pool area.
- No Smoking vaping in the Pool area or building.
- No chewing gum
- No Alcohol is allowed to be consumed in the pool and pool area under any circumstances.
- No Glass objects to be brought on the premises.
- No littering
- No food or drink on poolside apart from plastic water bottles with lids
Customers can purchase tickets for multiple sessions but must vacate the pool after each session is completed.
This is not an exhaustive list and lifeguards may curtail other unsafe activities.
Swimming Admission Policy
1 adult to 1 child under the age of 5 years
1 adult to 2 children between the ages of 5 and 8 years
Failure to comply
Failure to comply to our rules consistently, staff will ask the whole family group to leave the premises.
Items of clothing worn in the pool should ideally be designed for use in that particular activity. This means that anything which is deemed unsuitable and does not comply with the criteria below would not be allowed to be worn.
- The clothing should not offend decency. This means that any items of a material which could go transparent (for example boxer shorts or Bermuda shorts) would not be permitted.
- The clothing should be made from a suitable material. This means anything which may become heavy when water is absorbed such as cotton should not be worn. Items such as this pose a danger to both the wearer and other users by restricting movement. Denim is not allowed.
- The clothing must be hygienic. Clothing worn for everyday use should not be worn in the pool, the items should be specifically used for swimwear.
- The clothing must be safe. Anything too baggy which may become tangled with limbs causing difficulties while swimming must not be worn.
- The clothing must not pose a risk to the wearer or other users. Any items which do not meet the above recommendations should not be allowed in the water.
- For religions which do not allow the wearer to reveal any of their body, there are several items of clothing which have now been designed to be worn specifically by these groups, such as one piece costumes covering most of the body, arms, legs and head.
- For wearers who wish to keep their heads covered, an appropriate piece of swimwear should be used. This can be in the form of a swim cap, or another available garment which allows the user to feel comfortable, not compromise any religious beliefs and keep in line with any health & safety concerns. Items of headwear not complying with any of the other points should not be permitted to be worn in the pool.
Examples of suitable swimwear
- Swimming costume or swimming trunks
- A bikini (Do not wear thong style swimwear)
- Lycra-based bottoms or tight fitted leggings
- Lycra-based tops – short or long sleeved – a dark colour not white
- Rash vest, short or long sleeved
- Burqini/Hijood or other similar swimwear
- Leggings and a t-shirt over a swimsuit