We are busy developing plans for reopening the Zest Centre. In order to help ensure we ‘get it right’ we would like to hear your views.
The health and safety of our customers and staff is central to the planning process, and will have a direct impact on what services we can provide and how they are delivered.
We are looking at phased re-opening from September, taking appropriate time to assess risk, adapt to rapidly evolving guidance and to ensure that our opening offer is both safe and viable.
Please complete our survey by clicking here.
More consultation will follow and we provide you with more concrete plans in the weeks ahead. We cannot wait to see the Zest Centre buzzing again and thank you for your continued patience and support.
As a designated Covid Community Hub, Zest are working with partners across the city to support our local communities by:
- Helping those who are most at risk to get the support they need.
- Providing clear and accurate information.
- Providing health advice and wellbeing support over the phone.
- Supporting people who need help with access to food and essential items.
- Signposting vulnerable people to appropriate additional support.
- Staying in touch by phone and email and creating online social support networks.
- Providing online wellbeing activities for adults.
- 1-2-1 online school work support and educational activities.
If you know somebody who needs to access any of these services or information, please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive the appropriate guidance
All swimming pool and gym users, please note that all direct debit memberships have been frozen until we resume services. We are now unable to make any amendments or cancellations to accounts until we re-open for business, but no further payments will be collected by Harlands.
If any community members feel that they would like to support those who are vulnerable, please follow the link to the Zest Viral Kindness page
For more information on symptoms and support visit the NHS
Stay at home!
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (where this absolutely cannot be done from home).
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people.
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home.
- Anyone can spread the virus.
Full guidance on staying at home and away from others
Covid-19 cleanliness advice
COVID-19 Advice Translated
Useful contacts during self-isolation periods:
We appreciate your patience and support during this time.
- The Sporting Memories Café that usually runs on a Friday morning between 10.30am and 12pm at Hillsborough Library will unfortunately be suspended until further notice.
- Social cafes, social dinning and craft groups, courses and drop-ins are not running.
- All face to face Live Lighter sessions will unfortunately be suspended until further notice – for more information and telephone support please call the Live Lighter team on 0114 270 2043. The team are working to find ways to continue to support people by phone and online.
- All children’s activities at Zest are cancelled for the time being. If parents wish to join the Facebook group ‘Zest Children and Families Group’ they can search for it on Facebook and request to join. This is a place for mutual support and where Zest will share activities, games and worksheets while our children’s sessions are not running.