We are a city-wide project; training volunteers to mentor young people within their communities on a 1-to-1, weekly basis. We work with young people aged 8-19 years, prioritising those who are disengaged from school, socially isolated or experiencing poor mental health.
Aims of mentoring:
- To build up supportive, trusting relationships
- To provide positive role models
- To set goals to improve wellbeing and self-esteem
- To try new activities and having fun together
- To engage with the local community
We also run a Youth Club (currently touring the parks of Sheffield on Tuesday evenings) and partner with other organisations to offer outdoor activities and trips further afield, such as climbing and walking, for our mentees.
Please get in touch with the team if you work with a young person who you feel would benefit from one to one mentoring support, who:
- Lives within Sheffield city
- Is aged between 8 and 19 years
firstname.lastname@example.org or download a referral pack here.
If you would like to join the mentoring team and help our young people reach their full potential, get in touch with Lucy: email@example.com / 07928 857486
You can download the mentor role profile, role profile activities, and application form here – return to Lucy.